Mike’s 3 Egg Pasta Recipe is the recipe used in Mike’s Tomato-Basil Sauce from a previous post. You can find the sauce recipe here. How easy is this? Well, 3/4 cup of flour for every egg. I just love how he mixes the pasta right on the counter. You’ll see pictures of a pasta machine, but it’s not a must. I roll mine on a board but I think a pasta machine might be in my future.
Consider homemade noodles the next time you’re making soup or your favorite pasta sauce. You can make the noodles in advance and refrigerate up to a week . I remember Mike (#4) making the noodles at our parents’ house and he had them drying on hangers all over the kitchen. If I only had a picture. You’ve gotta love it!
A big thank you goes out to brother Mike for sharing his pasta recipe. I really love how all of my brothers are great cooks. Lucky wives!
Thanks for stopping by. Rose
- 3 eggs
- 2½ cups flour
- General measurement - ¾ cup of flour for every egg
- Mix flour and egg.
- Knead dough.
- Separate dough into 4 pieces.
- Run each piece through the pasta machine
- The pasta can be cooked immediately or refrigerated up to a week.
- Cook pasta in a rolling boil, al dente - firm to bite.
- If freezing, dust with semolina flour to avoid sticking.